Share this event
Open Air Cinema 2019
Sign up to our mailing list and follow us on Facebook for the latest updates!
Plymouth Arts Cinema’s Open Air Cinema is returning for 2019, offering audiences the opportunity to enjoy their favourite films in a series of iconic city locations. Since 2012, this much-loved feature on Plymouth’s summer calendar has visited spectacular sites across the waterfront city for a programme of film events through August and September.
With a mix of blockbusters, cult classics and good old sing-alongs, the films are carefully chosen to suit their unique locations, and dressing up is encouraged!
The Open Air Cinema programme is also a great opportunity to raise funds in support of Plymouth Arts Centre’s charitable mission to bring as many people as possible to experience cinema and feel inspired, challenged and thrilled by what they encounter. There are many ways to support the charity, by making a donation, dedicating a cinema seat, setting up a sponsorship or becoming a Friend. Visit our Support Us page for more details.
Thursday 1 August: Casablanca
Friday 2 August: Fisherman’s Friends SOLD OUT
Saturday 3 August: The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert
Friday 23 August: Alien – Read Nigel Watson’s film preview
Saturday 24 August: Bohemian Rhapsody SOLD OUT
Sunday 25 August: The Birds
Read the venue FAQs
- Tickets go on general sale on our website and at our Box Office on Tuesday 18 June at 1pm. Priority booking will be available to PAC Friends from Tuesday 18 June until Tuesday 25 June.
- Standard tickets for Tinside Lido are £10. We will provide chairs.
- Standard tickets for Royal William Yard are £9. Please bring your own chairs or blankets.
- VIP tickets at all venues are £18.50. The VIP package includes a chair and blanket in the VIP area, a packet of Portlebay popcorn and a drink (to choose from a glass of Prosecco, a Summerskills Ale or a Luscombe’s soft drink).
- 75p off standard or VIP tickets for PAC Friends (only on advance booking).
- No further discounts apply.
- Online booking fee: £1.50 per transaction.
Ashfords, Chris Kallis Solicitors, Kay Elliott, Louise Lewis Holidays, Luscombe Drinks, Michael Spiers Jewellers, Plymouth College of Art, Plymouth Citybus, Summerskills Brewery, Portlebay Popcorn, Tolchards, and Urban Splash.