Art (Event Category)
Celebrating the innovative and ground-breaking work of Plymouth-born Malcolm Le Grice, this exhibition looks at how he pioneered the ‘British Expanded Cinema’ movement with multi projection and performance works,
After Leonardo: Multi-Screen Performance Improvisation by Malcolm Le Grice and Keith Rowe at Peninsula Arts
LeGrice and Rowe first worked together as students when they were members of a jazz band with Mike Westbrook, regularly performing at Plymouth Arts Centre.
The film investigates the pioneering approach taken at Plymouth College of Art where making has been placed at the centre of their ideology.
This Gallery in the Cinema event is cancelled for now, but it will return later in the year as part of a larger exhibition.
F-Rated Special Offer!
Get a discount (each ticket for £7) when you book a ticket for 3 or more different F-Rated films in the programme at the same time.
Coming soon: March – April Films
A sneak peek at our next film programme.
It’s Only the End of the World
A Quiet Passion
Latest From The Blog
- “capturing the fire and fury” – Film Review of Gimme Danger 15th February 2017
- “The performances (and impeccable hair) of the actors are commendable” Film Review of Silence 8th February 2017
- Review of Free Fire and Q&A with Director Ben Wheatley 8th February 2017
- “brutal, unflinching and uncompromising” – Film Review of The Birth Of A Nation 1st February 2017
- VIDEO: In Conversation with Malcolm Le Grice 31st January 2017